The Village and The Commune
If you like quietness, leaving the motorways from Toulouse, from Agen or from Montauban you will arrive in a warm and bright area of France.
Situated in the South West of France in a landscape of hills, Bouvées is a very small village made of white stones and pink tiles, which invites you to go for a walk and to stroll.
When you walk through the village, in the little streets you can meet nice people who are ready to explain where you can find this little path, where you can buy the "foie gras" and ready to tell parts of the history of the village of Bouvées...
Let's talk about the history of the village of Bouvées to understand :
With the French Révolution, all the parishes are promoted to the station of communes.
When the "charters and customs" system which used to bind the communities to their lords was abolished, it's been hard for the little communes to become autonomous. So they thought to join each other to avoid being destroyed by the big ones.
On July 24th in 1823, the Council's deliberation adopted the union of the commune of Labrihe and the commune of Bouvées.
Nowadays, the commune of Labrihe, exclusively rural, spreads over 9,44 km². It is composed of 224 "labrigeoises and labrigeois" and it is the fifth commune the most populated of the canton which counts fifteen.
- The church of Bouvées ( rebuilt in 1879 ).
- The castle of Bouvées ( 1530 - 1560 ).
- The church of Labrihe of the XIIIè or XIVè century.
- The castle of Labrihe ( private ).
- The wash house of Bouvées and its fountain which.
- stands at the foot of the wash house.
- The "Fountain of the Juge" and différent wells.
- Discover the fauna and the flora in walking round many hike paths.